Common complaints about spelling:
I can read, but I can’t spell.
English spelling doesn’t make sense!
I don’t like to write because I can’t spell.
I need to write for work, but my spelling embarrasses me.
I’ll never learn to spell!
This easy-to-use Spelling Guide contains:
- the basics of English spelling
- a focus on sound-letter relationships
- a range of spelling strategies
- key spelling rules
- clear teaching sections
- helpful hints
- practice exercises with answers
- a reference section, including a punctuation guide, homophones and specialist word lists
This spelling workbook has been designed:
- by two experienced teachers in response to the needs of their students
- for adult and secondary school students with an Australian or another language background
- to help students understand and improve their spelling
- as an essential classroom resource for experienced and new teachers
- for volunteers tutors to help learners build confidence in their spelling
- as a reference and workbook for self-study
The Spelling Guide is used as part of our Writing & Spelling for Work & Study course.
PRICE IS $27.50, OR $35 INCLUDING POSTAGE WITHIN AUSTRALIA.
TO ORDER, PLEASE CALL DVLC ON (03) 9435 9060 AND HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS READY.
Recommended by the Reading & Writing Hotline.