Facts about Volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to build on your workplace skills and to improve job opportunities, plus it boosts confidence. Just by donating whatever time you can spare you make a valuable contribution to DVLC, to your local community, and to yourself. Currently at DVLC our volunteers contribute significantly in the areas of:
- Literacy Classes
- Administration & Office Work
- Assisting Teachers in Class
- Building Maintenance & Repairs
- Course Brochure Distribution
- Projects “Teach Jake to Read”
Plus we have a range of upcoming projects at DVLC throughout the year where volunteer support will be of great assistance. Please let us know via email or enquire at Reception (ask for Simone) if you would like to be involved. DVLC is a not-for-profit organisation and we deeply appreciate all the valuable skills and knowledge contributed by our volunteers!
- Support the community
- Have contact with people
- Gain experience that may lead to employment
- Learn new skills
- Take on new challenges
- Help and make a difference
Choosing the right volunteer area for you
- Your interests: taking on a role which interests you will lead to more rewarding experiences.
- Your availability: it is important that the role you take on fits into your schedule and is for a period of time which you can commit to.
- Your ability to travel: so select a role which is within your travel radius.
Click HERE to complete the online application today!
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer in the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)?
DVLC is part of Melbourne AMEP and runs AMEP classes in Bundoora for students able to attend. Many participants need assistance outside of regular classes, or are unable to attend class. You can register with Melbourne AMEP to become a volunteer tutor and receive free training.
Go to https://www.melbourneamep.com.au/volunteer/ to find out more about AMEP volunteering and to register.