Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) at Diamond Valley Learning
At DVLC we offer the VCAL at three award levels:
VCAL is a senior secondary certificate of education recognised within the Australian
Qualifications Framework (AQF). It aims to provide the skills, knowledge and
attributes to enable students to make informed choices about pathways to work and
– We offer a small and supportive educational environment
– We look at the way a student learns and we deliver the course according to
– what suits the student best
– We negotiate the program with the student so that the VCAL projects are
interesting, achievable and relevant
– We give instructions clearly and in a variety of ways so that the students know what is expected of them; what learning outcomes will be met; and what needs to be done to successfully complete the task or project We always give students reasonable time to complete work
– We allow students the opportunity to achieve at their own pace
– We often cover a number of outcomes with one task
-We offer many opportunities to cover the outcomes necessary to complete the course.
Classes at DVLC are taught by teachers who believe in making learning a safe and
enjoyable experience that builds confidence and happiness as well as important
academic skills. Students tell us they appreciate the feeling that their teachers really
care about them and respect them. Some students say this is the first time in many
years they have felt that they are really learning.
You can read our current VCAL Student & Parent/Guardian Handbook here
Some classes have been delivered online during Covid. Please read our online service standards here
If you are interested in learning more about VCAL at DVLC, please make an
appointment for a ‘Meet and Greet’ with our Enrolment Officer on (03) 94359060.