Child Safety Statement of Commitment
Diamond Valley Learning Centre (DVLC) is committed to providing a learning environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe,
their participation is valued, their views are respected, and they are able to actively participate in decisions that affect their lives.
DVLC is committed to:
– supporting and empowering children and young people;
– maintaining and improving practices, strategies and procedures that protect children from abuse;
– a zero tolerance of any form of child abuse;
– treating all allegations, concerns or complaints about child safety seriously and consistently according to policy;
– having a clear policy and procedure for reporting child abuse;
– the prevention, early identification and mitigation of child safety risks for DVLC students in physical and online environments;
– promoting the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds;
– promoting the safety of children with a disability, children who identify as LGBTQI+, and vulnerable children (such as those unable to live at home);
– ensuring that DVLC staff and others receive regular training on child abuse risks and prevention.
If you believe a child or young person is at immediate risk of abuse or harm, please call Emergency 000.